A Content Management System (CMS) is a highly creative solution that has made website creation and development a hassle-free task. With the help of these CMS systems even a non-techie person can design an efficient internet site. Without a CMS, website owners have to perform plenty of tedious and technical procedures to update the information and content placed on the site. Besides this, the site owner also has to update HTML which can only be updated if he/she procures a sound knowledge of coding & programming languages.
The advent of CMS system has made the site design and development task easy and convenient. A content management system usually consists of two elements Content Management Application (CMA) and the Content Delivery Application (CDA). The CMA element permits the content manager to handle the modification and removal of the content. Whereas the CDA element uses and compiles that information to update the website. You can also opt for PSD to WordPress conversion which will also make the content management quick.
Given below are the details of two most advanced CMS systems available today in this web sphere.
Created by Dries Buytaert, Drupal was launched in the year 2001, and since then this CMS system has been powering thousands of online stores and eCommerce websites that live on the web. The reason this CMS system gained immense popularity is because it can quickly adapt to the market trends and standards. The sites who want to attract massive trafficthen, Drupal should be their first choice.
- You can give a desired outlook & navigation to your site with the help of PSD to Drupal conversion.
- Drupal can handle almost any type of modification
- You will get over 2500+ themes & 28000+ plugins that too for free
- Users can quickly add new features to their site by installing different modules
- If you don’t have much knowledge about coding & programming then managing Drupal-based portal can be a little bit tough.
- Using Drupal can be confusing, you have to add plenty of plugins to make it easy to use.
Earlier WP was used for blogging, but after some technological advancements, WordPress became a full-fledged CMS system. WP is one of the most powerful and easy to use CMS system which can power any internet site. The WordPress directory consists of around 3500+ themes and 38000+ plugins which you can use without spending a dime.
- WP can handle multiple authors and has various other traits which make WP a perfect CMS.
- Web sites based on WP are very easy to use and manage; even a non-techie can handle his portal in a convenient manner
- Doesn’t have any high-end tech needs, and is also compatible with all types of web servers.
- If you wish to develop a portal which requires heavy customisation, then WordPress is not suitable for you.
- The regular updates of WP will break down your plugins which will lead to lags and errors.
There is plenty of CMS system available in the web sphere, but these two are the best for building feature-rich and fully-functional websites.