In this present web world scenario, you will come across several content management systems which you can use to start a new website, or you can use them to give your existing portal a new outlook. Platforms like WordPress, Magento, etc. arethe most commonly used CMS systems. It ultimately depends on you and your requirements according to which you will be choosing a suitable platform to start your site.
Among all the available CMS’s, Joomla is one of the best and easy-to-manage platform which is used by over half a million companies across the globe. Magento is a leading e-commerce site development platform that is capable of integrating physical and digital shopping experience. Given below is the complete information regarding Joomla and its functionalities.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an open-source eCommerce platform which offers a robust content management system that is capable of managing all types of e-stores. Based on the PHP programming language, Joomla can be used to design and develop dynamic websites. This CMS uses MySQL as a database to store the information of the site users, articles, other data that is required for the functioning of the site. Moreover, with the help of PSD to Joomla conversion you can easily give your website the desired outlook & functionality.
Skills needed to develop Joomla based websites
Joomla is very easy to use and doesn’t require any advanced skills to develop the Joomla-based sites.
Given below are skills that will come in handy while using Joomla:
- HTML: A basic knowledge of HTML will be enough to carry out some custom modification of Joomla Templates.
- PHP: It will be an added advantage if you understand the PHP codes and if you don’t, then it is not necessary to learn them.
- CSS: It is a form of HTML which is used to design the formatting of your site. With the help of PSD to CSS conversion, you can give a proper structure to your portal.
Types of websites you can develop with Joomla
While some of the web software’s like WordPress are restricted to developing only one type of sites, but with Joomla, you can establish and design any website. Joomla allows developers to build an interactive, sophisticated and flexible portal which can easily meet all the requirements of clients.
Some of the websites that you can develop using Joomla:
- Basic/Personal sites
- Community websites
- Video portals
- E-commerce sites
- News sites
Joomla’s features & Capabilities
Being a robust content management system, Joomla comes pre-loaded with several useful applications that will assist you in designing, developing, managing and customizing your Joomla based site. Some of the applications are mentioned below:
- Newsfeed: With the help of default Joomla RSS Feed Management component you will be able to publish the content of other websites.
- Content Management: With Joomla, you can easily arrange all your content into sections, categories, and individual pages.
- SEO: An essential feature of Joomla, that it comes pre-installed with several SEO features that will help your site stay on top in the search engine rankings.
Joomla is the best CMS platform which is capable of building and supporting all types of websites. It will be good that you look out for an experienced and reliable Joomla web development company which will provide you with the desired portal.